Bolsa Chica State Beach
As California State Parks begins working with locals on a phased and regionally-driven approach to increase access to state park units where compliance with state and local public health ordinances can be achieved, it is important for visitors to continue to practice physical distancing and avoid congregating with people outside their immediate household. Everyone has the responsibility to mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
Here are some guidelines for people visiting Bolsa Chica State Beach:
What is open now?
The following is open at the park:
- Parking is open to full capacity. Gates close at 9 p.m. and the park closes at 10 p.m.
- Campgrounds will open at limited capacity to maintain social distancing and avoid large group gatherings starting June 12. For more information about camping, visit www.parks.ca.gov/COVID19Camping. To make a reservation, visit www.ReserveCalifornia.com or call 800-444-7275. Walk-ins will NOT be allowed.
- Visitors can pay with cash, credit card or Passport Parking App.
- Limited bathroom facilities are also available.
- Fire rings
What is currently closed at this park and throughout the State Park System?
At this Park:
- The Lifeguard Headquarters and Visitor Center and the park office remain closed
- Many campgrounds across the state remain closed until further notice. Some campgrounds have started to reopen with modifications. For more information, please visit www.parks.ca.gov/COVID19Camping
- High public-use indoor facilities, including museums and visitor centers.
- Special events and tours continue to be canceled until further notice.
Are there any new visitor guidelines?
Yes, please see below:
- Stay Local: Stay close to home. Walk or bike into the park. Parking is very limited. Do not take road trips to parks and beaches or to neighboring states.
- Stay Active: Keep walking, jogging, hiking and biking. Watch for one-way trails.
- Stay Safer at 6 Feet: Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more. Gatherings, picnics and parties are not allowed. Visitors will be asked to leave if there are too many people at the park, beach or on trails to allow for the required physical distance.
- Stay Clean: Be prepared. Bring soap/sanitizer and pack out all trash.
- Stay Covered: If your county health orders require it, please be sure to wear face coverings when you cannot maintain a safe 6-foot distance from others.
Bolsa Chica State Beach is from Seapoint Street north to Warner Avenue. Parking is $15 per day; $30 for RVs.
Here you’ll find public restrooms, outdoor showers, wheelchair accessibility, Visitor Center, beach volleyball courts, basketball courts, year-round RV camping (reserve via Reserve America), paved beach path, picnic ramadas, barbecue grills, and 200 fire rings available on a first-come, first-served basis. Pro tip: Arrive early to claim one during peak season, or reserve a picnic area, which comes with its very own fire ring.
Opened October through May
Park hours: Monday - Sunday 6am - 10pm; Gates close at 9pm
Max. Trailer Lengths: 40 Feet.
Max. Camper/Motorhome: 40 Feet
50 on-site electrical and water hookups
Prices range from $55.00 - $65.00 plus Reservation Fee Charge
Pet friendly RV Huntington Beach Camping
If noshing on fresh Californian cuisine and sipping cocktails by the sea sound like your ideal beach day, Bolsa Chica State Beach is your happy place. At the most northern tip sits SeaLegs at the Beach, pours wine and beer and serves up a champagne brunch, signature flatbreads, and more. As they say, “it’s not your average burger shack.” Keep heading south and stop in at Beach City Provisions, a one-stop shop catering to RV campers and featuring comfort food, local craft beer, and a small general store. And finally, Pacific Kitchen at the southern most end offers sustainably sourced fish, acai bowls, coffee, and beer.
Bolsa Chica State Beach has 3 miles of uninterrupted coastline, endless summer weather, and various thing to enjoy and experience on the beach. From surfing, biking, bonfire pits, fishing, and volleyball, there is something for everyone to enjoy the outdoors at Bolsa Chica State Beach.