Things to Do in Huntington Beach
Huntington Beach California is filled with free activities to experience Surf City USA on a budget.
- Huntington City Beach
- Huntington State Beach
- Volleyball nets, basketball courts, bonfire pits, biking
- Bolsa Chica State Beach
- Beach Bonfires
- SeaLegs at the Beach
- Huntington Dog Beach
- Top Orange County Attractions by Forbes Travel Guide
- Sunset Beach
- Free beach parking
If you want to learn how to surf, Surf City USA is the place to do it. Huntington Beach surf lessons:
A visit to Huntington Beach isn’t complete without a traditional beach bonfire. Three out of five of Surf City USA’s distinct beaches house fire pits, including Huntington City Beach, Huntington State Beach, and Bolsa Chica State Beach. And four of Huntington Beach's oceanfront resorts offer fire pits with s'mores and cocktails. Learn more here.
Huntington Harbour, built in the mid-1960s, is home to five man-made islands, which feature more than 500 bay-front homes. Four things to do in the Huntington Harbour:
Breath in the salt air and explore the Huntington Harbour, which provides a quaint seaside feel and picturesque scenery. Get waterfront access to one of Southern California's most picturesque neighborhoods, where stunning homes and boats of all sizes line the canals.Read More
Stand-up Paddle Boarding- through Huntington Harbour canals
Rent a Duffy Boat- seats up to 12 people, no experience to drive
Private Yacht or Boat Tour- tour the Huntington Harbour and enjoy local craft beer & wine
5 ways to explore Huntington Beach Central Park:
- Adventure Playground- kids can raft on a pond, navigate a rope bridge, and go down a mud slide. Kids ages 5 to 12 years
- Dog Park- 1.7 acre fenced area with shade trees and mulch ground cover for dogs to romp and play
- Shipley Nature Center- 18 acres of fenced California native habitat
- Check Out A Book- at the Huntington Beach Central Library
- Disc Golf- a 15-acre course
Take a walk on the wild side in the 1,300-acre wetlands.
- Learn- Bolsa Chica Wetlands Interpretive Center learn more about the wetlands
- Tours- of the wetlands are also given by different conservation groups: Amigos de Bolsa Chica and Bolsa Chica Land Trust
- Clean Up- Bolsa Chica Conservancy holds twice annual cleanup days and educational events at the Interpretive Center
7 places to shop in Huntington Beach:
- Pacific City - shop with an ocean view
- 5th & PCH- stylish boutiques, surfer shops, and stores that offer various styles for all
- Downtown Huntington Beach- best place to find surf fashions and gear
- Bella Terra- offers a variety of shops
- 5 Points Plaza- boutiques for every age
- Old World Village- novelty shops dot the village
- South Coast Plaza- largest shopping center on the West Coast
Huntington Beach overflows with local breweries.
- Riip Beer Company- in Sunset Beach offers small batch, handcrafted ales in a skate-themed tasting room
- The Dude's Brewing Co. - pours nearly 30 beers
- Beachwood Brewing- cooks up low-and-slow barbecue with craft beer good enough to win a dozen medals at the Great American Beer Festival
- Four Sons Brewing- uses organic ingredients for the more than 15 beers on tap
- Golden Road Brewing- In Peter's Landing featuring its trademark beers along with a collection of rotating, season, and limited-edition brews.
- Main Street Wine Co. - specializes in boutique California vino
- SeaLegs Wine Bar- where you'll find a finely curated collection of California wines along with a seasonal small-plate menu inspired by the state's wine country
Surf City Still Works- The first distillery in town, known for its Shorebreak Vodka, Pierside Bourbon, California Gin, and Surfrider Rum. The Tasting Room--with a view of the distillery and wall of aging whiskey barrels--is open Fridays from 4 to 8 PM and Saturdays 1 to 8 PM.