Team Surf City USA® Volunteer Program
Visit Huntington Beach is seeking enthusiastic volunteers to share their love, passion, and insider knowledge of Surf City USA with visitors that come from all over the globe. The volunteering experience will bring an enhanced understanding of tourism and its importance and value to the community.
Volunteers will receive the following for their service:
- Experience volunteering with an exciting, dynamic team that shares a similar passion and encourages you to have fun!
- Volunteer training and orientation
- Volunteer t-shirt
- Official record of volunteer service hours
- Invitation to join select VHB staff activities and events
- VIP access to special events, when available
Amazing volunteers will be:
- Comfortable being outdoors (beaches, parks, and parking lots) and indoors (venues and upscale resorts).
- Positive, customer-service oriented and able to communicate effectively with a diverse range of customers and abilities.
- Familiar with the businesses, visitor amenities, and transportation options in Huntington Beach.
- Able to meet physical demands, including carrying loads up to 40 lbs., and walking, standing, or sitting for entire shifts (ranging from 4 to 10 hours). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities with a 72 hour notice.
- 18 years or older to apply.
Volunteers are asked to:
- Be available 1 shift per month, ranging from 4 to 10 hours
- Gather and give information and instructions about local and visitor amenities
- Help VHB staff with set up and take down
- Be available during special events, many of which are held on weekends and holidays
Show Your Interest Now
Please complete the form below to express your interest in becoming a Team Surf City USA Volunteer. Visit Huntington Beach will reach out to you with more information. For questions about the Team Surf City USA Volunteer Program, please contact Heather Saez.