The Great Pacific Airshow
September 18-20, 2020 | 11:00 AM - 4:30 PM
5th annual show line-up will feature the USAF Thunderbirds and others, in what is sure to be a spectacular event. The Huntington Beach Airshow is free to the public with a large event footprint spanning Huntington City Beach from Seapoint to Beach Boulevard. Watch the show from one of the four oceanfront hotels in Huntington Beach. Learn more here. Make it a day down at the beach and grab a bonfire pit to cook out while watching the show. Or grab a bite to eat at restaurants like Duke's, Sandy's that are right by the Huntington Beach Pier or Jack's and Zack's that are right by the viewing area of the airshow. Parking will be available but is limited, and any frequent questions about the show can be found here.
Show center is located Pacific Coast Highway & Huntington Street. Anywhere along the beach north or south of this location will be a terrific spot to view the show.
- Beach guests should anticipate little to no shade. Bring a beach umbrella if you need a shaded area.
- Handicap seating area on the pier will be available on a first come first served basis. Please be aware that no transportation is offered from your vehicle to and around the airshow site.
- Yes, you can watch the airshow from a boat on the water. Boaters should refer to the US Coast Guard notice to mariners for further location information.
- Yes, you can swim and surf during the show however expect to only be able to swim in waist deep water during the show time.
Dotting Pacific Coast Highway are luxury resorts and affordable hotels in Huntington Beach, California.
Parking will be available on a first come, first served basis around the city. Biking or walking are suggested for those who live / are staying close. For the Great Pacific Airshow parking guide please click here.
Complimentary park and ride shuttle service will be available on Saturday and Sunday September 19 and 20th.
- Goldenwest Transportation Center (7301 Center Ave)
- Huntington Beach Civic Center (2000 Main Street)
Event Drop Off:
- Show center at Pacific Coast Highway, OCTA Zone 3 (across from Pacific City)
Complimentary shuttles will run every half hour. Last shuttle departs show center at 5:45 pm.
No wagons, bicycles, or large coolers allowed on board. All hand-carried items must fit on your lap or on the floor in front of your seat. Aisles must remain clear for safety purposes. Please note, glass and alcohol are prohibited on the beach.
Regular weekend service will NOT be running during the Great Pacific Airshow. Also, please note there will be no shuttle service on Friday, September 18. Live GPS tracking will be available for all shuttles at SurfCityUSAShuttle.com.
- USAF Thunderbirds- Millions of people have witnessed the Thunderbirds demonstrations, and in turn, they’ve seen the pride, professionalism, and dedication of hundreds of thousands of Airmen serving at home and abroad. Each year brings another opportunity for the team to represent those who deserve the most credit: the everyday, hard-working Airmen voluntarily serving America and defending freedom.
- More information to come.
Food and Beverages
A variety of food and beverages will be available for purchase (cash and credit) near show center. The Great Pacific Airshow's concessionaire makes every effort to ensure menu items are suitable for all guests. It is recommended that all attendees who have food restrictions eat before the show and / or bring your own snacks.
Pilots don't fly without a checklist, why should you? Use this checklist of helpful tips to optimize your Airshow experience:
- NO DRONE ZONE
- Bring beach chairs or a beach towel for seating
- There is no schedule of the acts given out. The show is from 11:00 AM - 4:30 PM
- Practice performances will commence around 11:00 AM - 4:30 PM Friday, October 4, 2019
- Be prepared for traffic delays
- Obey all posted parking signs. The last thing you want after a fun day is a parking ticket.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate!
- Bring sunglasses, a hat, and umbrellas
- For more information: contact The Great Pacific Airshow here