Huntington Beach, Calif. — June 30, 2023 — Visit Huntington Beach (VHB), the official destination marketing organization of Huntington Beach, Calif., has released the 2022 Pacific Airshow Economic Impact Report conducted by Destination Analysts, one of the leading travel & tourism research firms that specializes in conducting economic impact analysis, brand research, and building visitor profiles.
“The 2022 Pacific Airshow Economic Impact Report was a collaborative project to determine the direct visitor spending and overall economic impact of this signature Huntington Beach event,” said Omark A. Holmes, chief marketing officer, VHB. “Events like these bring incremental visitation, tax revenues, and much-needed spending, which in turn supports more year-round jobs in Huntington Beach.”
Huntington Beach has an extensive history of hosting year-round events, and this is the seventh year Surf City USA® will be the backdrop for the Pacific Airshow. The report confirms there were approximately 690,00 attendees at the 2022 Pacific Airshow, with the majority of attendees residing in California, Arizona, Nevada, Texas, and Colorado. Out-of-town, overnight visitors to the surrounding area, including Huntington Beach, generated over 11,000 room nights and a total direct economic impact of $70.4 million.
“The research validates the Pacific Airshow’s positive economic impact for our community and confirms our belief that Huntington Beach is a premier global venue for hosting world-class events of all sizes,” said Kelly Miller, president & CEO, Visit Huntington Beach. “Code Four, like many other special event organizers, is committed to producing high-quality events in Huntington Beach, which contributes to Surf City USA becoming a well-known, year-round destination.”
“This event brings additional revenue to overnight lodging businesses and gives us the opportunity to share the Surf City USA experience with even more visitors,” shared Justin Simpson, general manager, Kimpton Shorebreak Huntington Beach Resort, and VHB board chair. “We again look forward to hosting guests from all over the world during the 2023 Pacific Airshow and beyond.”
Key data from 2022 Pacific Airshow Economic Impact Report is as follows:
· The survey identified that nearly half of the 690,000 attendees reside outside Orange County (46%).
· More than half of the attendees said that the event has a positive impact on their perception of Huntington Beach.
· 88% of all attendees stated that they were satisfied with the event.
· The survey showed that 91% are return visitors to Huntington Beach.
· Almost three quarters of the attendees would recommend the Pacific Airshow to friends (73%).
· Of the 690,000 attendees, 528,490 were incremental visitors who live outside Huntington Beach and visited the city primarily to attend the event.
· The 2022 Pacific Airshow supported over 1,200 event-specific jobs.
· The average travel party size at the 2022 Pacific Airshow was 3.8 people.
· The average travel party spent over $400 daily, and 67% of that was spent on activities including shopping and dining.
The 2022 Pacific Airshow Economic Impact Report is available here.
The 2022 Pacific Airshow Economic Impact Report FAQs is available here.
About Visit Huntington Beach
Visit Huntington Beach is the official destination marketing organization of Huntington Beach, Surf City USA®. One of Southern California’s premier coastal destinations, Huntington Beach is the ideal location for a California family vacation, active outdoor adventure trip or relaxing weekend getaway. With 10 miles of wide-open beaches, Huntington Beach is a destination of choice for vacationers and business travelers alike. To plan your Surf City USA® vacation, or to learn more about Huntington Beach, see the Visit Huntington Beach website at surfcityusa.com or call 1-800-729-6232 for a free Visitors Guide.
Surf City USA® is a registered mark of Visit Huntington Beach.