If you want to learn how to surf, Surf City USA is the place to do it. This city is filled with rich surfing history, perfect waves, endless summer weather and professional surfers. Professional surfer Kanoa Igarashi even learned to surf in the waters of Huntington Beach as a toddler. Immerse yourself in the surf culture that defines Huntington Beach and catch a wave during your next visit. Here are a few places to learn how to surf in Surf City USA.
Corky Carroll's Surf School offers surf camps, private and semi-private lessons. They are open year-round and are located at Bolsa Chica State Beach between lifeguard towers 18 & 19.
- All equipment and full winter wetsuits provided
- For all levels and ages
- Easy parking
- Photo packages available
- Every participant gets a free t-shirt
- Both authentic hand shaped "real fiberglass" and high performance "soft-top" surfboard to use
- Groups of 60 or more--no problem!
- Surf Camp Schedule 2018 click here. Week 1 starts June 18. Last week of the surf camp starts August 27. Camp cost starts at $280.
Call 714-969-3959 to schedule an appointment. More information click here.
Learn how to surf with a professional surfer in Surf City USA. It is the ultimate surf experience that includes photos and video coverage. You'll learn about the surf culture, surf break and swell that all make up the sport of surfing.
- Coffee will be provided
- Guests ages 13 and up can attend
- 2 hours total
Schedule your appointment here.
The HB Surf School, an official, city-authorized program, has been teaching kids and adults the stoke of surfing since 2007. They are sponsored by Hurley and Huntington Surf & Sport, the HB Surf School is run by former surf pro and surf coach Bill Sharp, who has more than 30 years of coaching experience. They offer private lessons, junior / beginner lessons, adult lessons and camps year round.
Private / Semi Lessons 90 minutes
- One person - $145.00
- Two people - $125.00 per person
- Three people - $110.00 per person
- Four people - $95.00 per person
- $320 for 5-day camp session
- Camp ages from 8 to 16 years
- Camp dates start 6/25/18 to 8/27/18
Call 714-658-6873 to schedule an appointment. Click here for more information.
Banzai Surf School is a family run business and one of the few NSSIA accredited surf schools in Huntington Beach. Opened year-round, they provide experienced teachers, surfboards and wetsuits. They are located off of Pacific Coast Highway and Brookhurst Street at Huntington State Beach. They offer private and group lessons and surf camps during the summer.
Private and semi-private lessons (2 hours)
- 1 surfer - $159
- 2 surfers - $265
- 3 surfers - $349
- 4 surfers - $425
- 5 surfers - $499
- 6 surfers - $575
Sign up for lessons here.
Summer camps June 12 to August 28, 2018
- $390 for a whole week of surfing
- Ages 8 and over
- 4 hours per day, Mon-Fri
- Includes surfing photos and T-shirt
Sign up for summer camp here.
Clint Carroll Surf School offers private and semi-private lessons for all ages, including beginners and intermediate.
All lesson packages include the following:
- Surf instruction and hands on guidance with an experienced team
- Surfing Equipment
- Transportation: will provide shuttle service from your hotel or other physical location at an additional cost
- Bring flexible bathing suit, towel and sunscreen
- All lessons are located at towers between 11 and 15 at Huntington City Beach
- Surf Semi-Private: $175.00 Per Person
- Surf Private: $200.00 Per Person
Call 949-355-7285 to schedule your lesson today. Click here for more information.
Zack's Surf School is located just steps aways from the Huntington Beach Pier. They offer private and group lessons with all the surf equipment included. And they let you keep the equipment all day after your lesson! The fun never ends.
- Group Lessons: 1 Hour $85.00
- Private Lessons: 1 Hour $100.00