Frequently Asked Questions
How do I participate in Surf City USA’s PCH Cleanup?
Do I need to register in advance for a cleanup?
- It's not required, but it does help us to get an idea of how many people to expect and how many supplies to bring.
Can my company/class/club/church/business participate in the cleanup?
- Absolutely! Choose a date that works best for your group and have each participant fill out the sign up form online. In the Company/Organization section, put the name of your team.
When are the cleanups?
- Cleanups take place on the 2nd Monday of the month from May to August 2019.
What do I need to bring to the cleanup?
- We recommend wearing sunscreen, a hat, closed-toe shoes, and lightweight clothing. Some areas have knee high grass/plants, so you may want to wear pants.
What are the PCH Cleanup locations?
- Throughout the summer, we will be concentrating on the section of PCH between Beach Blvd and Brookhurst. Each month, we will focus along one section of the road: between Beach Blvd and Magnolia or between Magnolia and Brookhurst.
Where do I park?
- Parking is at Huntington State Beach and is free before 8 am.
Can I earn volunteer hours for the PCH Cleanup?
- Yes! We can provide a proof of volunteer hours form. Just let us know you need one when you sign up. If there is a specific form you must use, please bring it to the cleanup and a staff member will sign it for you.
How long is each PCH Cleanup?
- Each cleanup will be no longer than 2 hours, from start to finish. Check-in and orientation is from 8 am to 8:30 am. Participants clean from 8:30 am to 9:30 am. At 9:30 am, participants bring their bags back to be weighed and take a group photo.
Why is Visit Huntington Beach organizing the PCH Cleanup?
- Visit Huntington Beach cares about its community and understands that we need to protect the environment for both our residents and visitors. We invite all of our visitor serving partners to join us this summer as we give back to our community!