Surf City USA Volunteer Program
Are you passionate about Huntington Beach? Do you enjoy sharing that passion with our city's visitors?
Visit Huntington Beach is seeking volunteers to share their passion and insider knowledge with visitors at events throughout the city.
Volunteering with Visit Huntington Beach gives you the opportunity to promote the city of Huntington Beach and all it has to offer to our visitors. Volunteers will gain knowledge about the city, an enhanced understanding of tourism and how it affects Huntington Beach, and valuable customer service skills.
Volunteers will receive the following for their service:
- Volunteer shirt
- Invitations to special events and the opportunity to experience local attractions that visitors will ask you about
- Invitation to volunteer recognition event
- Insider knowledge about Huntington Beach
Most volunteer shifts will take place during special events. These events are typically outdoors and may have a high amount of traffic. Some events may take place inside one of our resort hotels. Visit Huntington Beach is seeking volunteers who will be comfortable both outside on the beach and in one of our upscale resort hotels.
Volunteers must be able to commit to at least 8 hours per month for 12 months. There will also be a required orientation and ongoing trainings during this time. Other requirements include:
- Must be computer savvy
- Must have a positive, customer-service oriented attitude
- Must have the ability to stand and walk for the majority of a 4-6 hour shift
- Must have the ability to carry brochure boxes weighing up to 25 pounds
We have completed our 2017 Pilot Program and are beginning a new cycle for 2018. If you're interested in volunteering in 2018, please complete an application using the link below. A staff person will reach out to you with more information.