STAY INFORMED & BE PREPARED: CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
With the current challenges facing the tourism industry with the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and softening of global economic markets, Visit Huntington Beach is here to be a reliable and resilient partner to our local tourism community. To that end, we have developed and are rapidly deploying short term business stimulation action steps in March, particularly in regional leisure markets. Our goal is to assist you and all destination partners in retaining or replacing as much business as is feasible over the coming months.
WHAT VISIT HUNTINGTON BEACH IS DOING
In any crisis situation, facts matter. Our team has gathered accurate and up-to-date information on the effects of COVID-19 on travel, tourism, and the meetings industry. We will continue to monitor and share news and factual data from industry partners such as Visit California, Destinations International, Northstar Meetings Group (they are tracking major meetings that are continuing to be held as well as cancellations), and US Travel.
Our action plan includes a short term leisure drive market campaign that kicks off this week, regional meetings market focus, public relations, travel trade, and in-the-destination visitor services action steps over the next 120 days. You can find a summary of the action plan here.
We believe in the many benefits of travel and tourism as well as the resilience of our industry locally, regionally and nationally. Education and preparation are key to the safety and security of public health during this outbreak. Our partnership is key to our destination’s local ability to sustain market share during uncertain times in the short term and to be positioned for renewed growth in the long term.
- March 20, 2020 Visit Huntington Beach COVID-19 Response
- March 19, 2020 Huntington Beach Businesses Still Open Stay-At-Home Order
- March 12, 2020 Visit Huntington Beach COVID-19 Update
- March 11, 2020 Visit Huntington Beach COVID-19 Update
CITY OF HUNTINGTON BEACH UPDATES
- March 23, 2020 Press Release - Huntington Beach Pier and Other Active Recreational Amenities Set to Close to Support Social Distancing Measures
- March 20, 2020 Press Release - Governor Issues Stay-at-Home Order for All Californians to Slow the Spread of COVID-19
- March 12, 2020 Press Release - City Response to COVID
Use the buttons below to view research, toolkits, industry developments, best practices, and other resources.