Visit Huntington Beach’s 30th Anniversary
May 7, 2019 | 2 - 5 PM
Bolsa Chica Wetlands Clean up
As part of Visit Huntington Beach's 30th Anniversary celebration and National Travel & Tourism Week, Visit Huntington Beach and the Bolsa Chica Conservancy have partnered for an afternoon of community service at the Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve. Come join us for a day of habitat restoration! Help us restore this valuable coastal resource as we clean the habitat by removing harmful trash and invasive plant species. The celebration will continue at Riip Beer Co. as we toast our accomplishments and hand out prizes.
Thank you to our sponsors
Please register here. Please RSVP by Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
- If you sign up 4 or more volunteers from the same business/organization, we will include you as a recognized in-kind sponsor at the event!
- In-kind sponsors will be recognized at the event and at the celebration afterwards. Sponsors are also encouraged to supply us with a branded giveaway item for the volunteers' gift bags in advance for distribution at the event. Contact Visit Huntington Beach for more information.
- Trophies & prizes will be awarded for categories such as "Largest Team," "Most Unusual Item Collected," "Most Invasive Species Collected," "Most Trash Picked Up,"Big Butts Award" for most cigarette butts collected, and more!
We encourage all volunteers to carpool as there are limited parking spots available at the Bolsa Chica Interpretive Center. Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to secure parking. Additional parking can be found at Sunset Beach and Bolsa Chica State Beach. Please note that parking costs will not be covered by Visit Huntington Beach.
- Comfortable clothing
- Closed-toe shoes
- Sun protection
- Water bottle
- Sunglasses and/or hat
The celebration will continue at Riip Beer Co. as we toast our accomplishments and hand out prizes!
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
- Participating volunteers must be 4 years of age or older. Any volunteers under the age of 14 should accompanied by an adult.
What are my transportation/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- The lot at the Bolsa Chica Interpretive Center offers a limited amount of parking spots and there may be hikers and joggers parked there using the reserve at the same time we are. Parking is also available in select nearby parking lots such as Bolsa Chica State Beach and Sunset Beach. That being said, we encourage carpooling if possible. Not only will this reduce parking congestion, but it's a great way to conserve fuel and lessen your impact on the environment!
How can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- If you have any questions, please contact Kenny Perez at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Bolsa Chica Conservancy office at (714) 846-1114 between the hours of 9:00 AM and 4:00 PM.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
- No, you do not have to bring your printed ticket to the event.
What can I bring into the event? Can I donate supplies?
- We will provide equipment and supplies necessary for the work we'll be doing, but you are welcome to bring equipment of your own from home, such as work/gardening gloves, trash pickers, trash bags, etc. We also accept supply donations for use during the event and for our future restoration initiatives. Commonly donated items include heavy duty/contractor trash bags, work gloves, toilet paper, paper towels, etc. Any and all supply donations are greatly appreciated and go a long way towards supplying our restoration projects.