Father's Day may not be the only time you bond with your father but it's a day to do something special. Something that's fresh, different and something you guys wouldn't do normally. This isn't your typical type of day, this is "Dad's Day!" And Surf City USA is going all out to help everyone celebrate their fathers. We have many activities, hotel packages and things to do with your father that build memories and will make you saying "Look, Dad!" or "Cheers, Dad!" and even "Help, Dad!" To surfing, biking, brewery tastings, and more there's a lot of things to do in Surf City USA over Father's Day weekend to help with the celebration.
Bourbon + BBQ at Tanner's
June 20, 2021 | 5 PM to 10 PM
Enjoy three courses, including dessert, and a Horse Solider Bourbon Flight featuring Horse Soldier Premium, Small Batch, and Reserve. Your three-course menu includes Pork Baby Back Ribs or Jerk Chicken Skewers, Bone-in Ribeye or Whiskey-brined Pork Chop, and Dad's Bourbon Bacon Sticky Bun. Reserve your spot today!
Father's Day Photos at Bella Terra
Saturday, June 12 + June 19, 2021
Drop-in with Dad to snap a picture at Bella Terra's beach-themed photo op! The photo-op features iconic Huntington Beach attractions including the Huntington Beach Pier, lifeguard tower, beach, and surfboards. Tag @bellaterra and @surfcityusa with the hashtag #BeHere for a chance to be featured on Instagram. Reserve a time slot today.
Surf in Huntington Beach
Surf's up dude! But really, surfing is always up in Surf City USA, and is the perfect bonding activity to do with your father. Get out on the water on a surfboard with the sun shining down, ocean breeze hitting your face, consistent waves coming through and your Dad by your side - it becomes the best day ever!
Tips for Surfing
Ride a surfboard that's right for your expertise. Places to rent/buy a surfboard click here.
Wear sunblock. (You don't want to become a lobster.)
Don't be afraid to fall. (It may happen a lot.)
Be safe. Beach safety tips here.
Adventure in Huntington Harbour
Take an adventure in the waters of the Huntington Beach Harbour while looking at beautiful yachts, boats, and hidden beach coves. Beach and athletic attire are recommended with sunglasses and sunscreen. Precaution: you may get tipped over by the pranksters in your group. You can rent stand-up paddleboards, kayaks, and Duffy boats hourly or call in for a reservation. After your adventure, enjoy diner food at Harbor House Cafe, American food at Golden Road Brewing, or a fine dining lobster and steak meal at Captain Jack's.
Have a Beach Bonfire
A blanket, firewood, s'mores, and your father is all you need to have a firing time. It's always lit. But literally! Enjoy a bonfire down at the beaches of Huntington Beach. We have over 500 pits and orangey sunsets. Make it even easier with beachside butler service - Waterfront Adventures can provide all the fixings you need to get the most out of your roast!
Enjoy a Beer
For those of you who are old enough to enjoy a brew with your father, cheers! Huntington Beach has a growing scene of microbreweries offering many unique flavors. Calling all those IPA lovers - RIIP Beer Company specializes in IPAs. They won a Silver Medal at the Great American Beer Festival for their Super Cali IPA and no surprise there, it's amazing! Now, for the four sons that made their father very proud, Four Sons Brewery is family-owned with award-winning Stouts, Ales, and IPAs. We highly recommend trying their famous Coconutorious Amber Ale! For the entire list of breweries in Huntington Beach, click here.
Brunch for Father's Day
1. The Boardwalk Restaurant at The Waterfront Beach Resort, a Hilton Hotel from 11:30 AM - 3 PM. Feast on Seasonal Salads & Fruit, breakfast sandwiches, waffles, pancakes, an array of Seafood, and more!
2. Pacific Hideaway Brunch at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel from 7 AM - 2 PM. Enjoy vibrant dishes that are drawn from Southeast Asia, the Pacific Islands, Latin & South America, and cold beer and creative cocktails.
3. Watertable at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort enjoy a variety of egg benedicts, omelets, quiches, specialty lemon-blueberry pancakes, Nutella waffles, and crab hash. Can’t decide on just one menu item? Try the Surf the Breakfast bar.
4. Sugar Shack in downtown Huntington Beach enjoy traditional American favorites and a hearty breakfast since 1967.
5. Park Bench Cafe in Huntington Central Park enjoy breakfast classics while being surrounded by marvelous trees and flowers. They even have a dog menu!