Father's Day may not be the only time you bond with your father but it's a day to do something special. Something that's fresh, different and something you guys wouldn't do normally. This isn't your typical type of day, this is "Dad's Day!" And Surf City USA is going all out to help everyone celebrate their fathers. We have many activities, events and things to do with your father that build memories and will make you saying "Look, Dad!" or "Cheers, Dad!" and even "Help, Dad!" To events, fun activities and brunches, there's a lot of things to do in Surf City USA over Father's Day weekend to help with the celebration.
It's getting hot hot hot! Chili At The Beach is a special event where people can taste different chilis, salsas and even craft beer. Stroll along Main Street and judge the best chili with your father while listening to live music. At the end of it, you my find yourself in a food coma and very knowledgable about chili and salsa tasting, but hey, the beach is just a few blocks away for you to cool off and relax.
Surf's up dude! But really, surfing is always up in Surf City USA and is the perfect bonding activity to do with your father. Get out on the water on a surfboard with the sun shining down, ocean breeze hitting your face, consistent waves coming through and your Dad by your side - it becomes the best day ever!
Tips for Surfing
Ride a surfboard that's right for your expertise. Places to rent/buy a surfboard click here.
Wear sunblock. (You don't want to become a lobster.)
Don't be afraid to fall. (It may happen a lot.)
Take an adventure in the waters of the Huntington Beach Harbour while looking at beautiful yachts, boats and hidden beach coves. Beach and athletic attire is recommended with sunglasses and sunscreen. Precaution: you may get tipped over by the pranksters in your group. You can rent boards and kayaks on the hourly or call in for a reservation. After your adventure, enjoy diner food at Harbor House Cafe, sushi at Tsunami or a fine dining lobster and steak meal at Captain Jack's.
A blanket, fire wood, s'mores and your father is all you need to have a firing time. It's always lit. But literally! Enjoy a bonfire down at the beaches of Huntington Beach. We have over 500 pits and an orangey sunsets. Make it even easier with a beachside butler service - Waterfront Adventures can provide all the fixings you need to get the most out of your roast!
For those of you who are old enough to enjoy a brew with your father, cheers! Huntington Beach has a growing scene of microbreweries offering many unique flavors. And dude...Dude's Brewery has the most wildest flavors. From Boysenberry to Peach Berliner Weisse and many more, welcome to the wild side! In addition, calling all those IPA lovers - RIIP Beer Company specializes in IPAs. They won a Silver Medal at the Great American Beer Festival for their Super Cali IPA and no surprise there, it's amazing! Now, for the four sons that made their father very proud, Four Sons Brewery is family-owned with award-wining Stouts, Ales and IPAs. We highly recommend trying their famous Coconutorious Amber Ale!
1. Brews and BBQ Brunch at The Waterfront Beach Resort, a Hilton Hotel from 12 PM - 4 PM. Feast on Seasonal Salads & Fruit, Street Corn, Bacon Station, an array of Seafoods, BBQ Meats, Sausage Station, Pickle, Jalapeno & Sauce Station, delectable Desserts and a Kids Buffet.
2. Pacific Hideaway Brunch at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel from 7 AM - 2 PM. Enjoy vibrant dishes that are drawn from Southeast Asia, the Pacific Islands, Latin & South America and cold beer and creative cocktails.
3. Watertable at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort enjoy a variety of egg benedicts, omelets, quiches, specialty lemon-blueberry pancakes, Nutella waffles and crab hash. Can’t decide on just one menu item? Try the Surf the Breakfast bar.
4. Tanner's at The Pasea Hotel & Spa from 10 AM - 4 PM. Enjoy a Acai Bowl, Salmon Bagel, Steak and Eggs, Chilaquiles and Mimosas with exotic juices.
6. Bluegold enjoy bagel and lox dressed with cream cheese, tomato, shaved red onion, capers and pickles, granola French toast served with whipped ricotta, goji berries, honey and almonds, and steak and eggs include a 12-ounce New York steak, grilled onions, chimichurri, sunny side eggs, crema fresca and farmers cheese.
While you enjoy this special day with your father, make sure "To do it for the Insta." In that case, post photos on your social media accounts with you and father adventuring around Huntington Beach. Make sure to tag @SurfCityUSA and hashtag #SurfCityUSA. And to the fathers, Happy Father's Day from Huntington Beach!