Father's Day may not be the only time you bond with your father but it's a day to do something special. Something that's fresh, different and something you guys wouldn't do normally. This isn't your typical type of day, this is "Dad's Day!" And Surf City USA is going all out to help everyone celebrate their fathers. We have many activities, hotel packages and things to do with your father that build memories and will make you saying "Look, Dad!" or "Cheers, Dad!" and even "Help, Dad!" To surfing, biking, brewery tastings, and more there's a lot of things to do in Surf City USA over Father's Day weekend to help with the celebration.
Father's Day Hotel Package
• One-night stay at the Waterfront Hilton
• "Local Style Bonfire" on the sands of the Hilton's own Driftwood Beach Club.
• Bonfire includes: roasting sticks, graham crackers, milk chocolate, marshmallows, hot cocoa, soft drinks, and bottled water for 4 guests
• Mama's Prime Rib Dinner for 4
• 2 bottles of wine
• $10 Mama's Rewards Card
Surf in Huntington Beach
Surf's up dude! But really, surfing is always up in Surf City USA and is the perfect bonding activity to do with your father. Get out on the water on a surfboard with the sun shining down, ocean breeze hitting your face, consistent waves coming through and your Dad by your side - it becomes the best day ever!
Tips for Surfing
Ride a surfboard that's right for your expertise. Places to rent/buy a surfboard click here.
Wear sunblock. (You don't want to become a lobster.)
Don't be afraid to fall. (It may happen a lot.)
Be safe. Beach safety tips here.
Have a Beach Bonfire
A blanket, fire wood, s'mores and your father is all you need to have a firing time. It's always lit. But literally! Enjoy a bonfire down at the beaches of Huntington Beach. We have over 500 pits and an orangey sunsets. Make it even easier with a beachside butler service - Waterfront Adventures can provide all the fixings you need to get the most out of your roast!
Adventure in Huntington Harbour
Take an adventure in the waters of the Huntington Beach Harbour while looking at beautiful yachts, boats and hidden beach coves. Beach and athletic attire is recommended with sunglasses and sunscreen. Precaution: you may get tipped over by the pranksters in your group. You can rent stand-up paddle boards, kayaks, and Duffy boats on the hourly or call in for a reservation. After your adventure, enjoy diner food at Harbor House Cafe, American food at Golden Road Brewing or a fine dining lobster and steak meal at Captain Jack's.
Enjoy a Beer
For those of you who are old enough to enjoy a brew with your father, cheers! Huntington Beach has a growing scene of microbreweries offering many unique flavors. Calling all those IPA lovers - RIIP Beer Company specializes in IPAs. They won a Silver Medal at the Great American Beer Festival for their Super Cali IPA and no surprise there, it's amazing! Now, for the four sons that made their father very proud, Four Sons Brewery is family-owned with award-wining Stouts, Ales and IPAs. We highly recommend trying their famous Coconutorious Amber Ale! For the entire list of breweries in Huntington Beach, click here.
Brunch for Father's Day
1. The Boardwalk Restaurant at The Waterfront Beach Resort, a Hilton Hotel from 11:30 AM - 3 PM. Feast on Seasonal Salads & Fruit, breakfast sandwich, waffles, pancakes, an array of Seafood, and more!
2. Pacific Hideaway Brunch at Kimpton Shorebreak Hotel from 7 AM - 2 PM. Enjoy vibrant dishes that are drawn from Southeast Asia, the Pacific Islands, Latin & South America and cold beer and creative cocktails.
3. Watertable at Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort enjoy a variety of egg benedicts, omelets, quiches, specialty lemon-blueberry pancakes, Nutella waffles and crab hash. Can’t decide on just one menu item? Try the Surf the Breakfast bar.
5. Bluegold in Pacific City enjoy bagel and lox dressed with cream cheese, tomato, shaved red onion, capers, and pickles, granola French toast served with whipped ricotta, goji berries, honey and almonds, and steak and eggs include a 12-ounce New York steak, grilled onions, chimichurri, sunny side eggs, crema fresca, and farmers cheese.